Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Missing My MedStud

I work 16 hour night shifts twice a week and and 8 hour night shift once a week.  I didn't get to see the MedStud from 8/9/11 at 0730 to 8/10/11 at 1400.  I know that doesn't seem like a lot, but I have only one real friend here and am by myself a lot, so it gets lonely.  Plus he is studying like a maniac for the Pharmacology test on Friday, so that takes even less time away.  On my birthday, he only had about two hours he could spend with me because of school, studying, and preceptorship.  I really miss him.  I know it's only going to get harder the further we get into this.

I've been trying to be a better wife; you know, doing the dishes, laundry, cooking dinner, etc. so that all he has to worry about is studying, eating, and sleeping.  It's hard, but worth it, because of the benefit added study time will give him.  I've heard it said that medical student families are the secret weapon behind the MedStuds, because of what they do for them in the background.  So stay strong families!  Remember what your end goal is and why your MedStud is doing this!

I highly recommend having a dream board somewhere in your house.  This is a board that has pictures and goals on it that remind you of your dreams and how to achieve them.  My dream board has a couple goals:

1. Get a PRN med/surg, ICU, or ER job.  This will accomplish my greater goal of being able to pay of loans sooner.
2. Write letters to my dad and brother.  This accomplishes the greater goal of having better family relationships.  
3. Read 8 books before the end of the year.  This accomplishes my greater goal of finishing all the hundreds of books on my list and learning more.

The MedStud has a dream board, but I think he doesn't pay attention to it, sadly.  He keeps his goals in his head.  

No comments:

Post a Comment