Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Vacation Dilemma

The MedStud and I decided to not go to his sisters other wedding reception.  Instead, we want to spend the money we would have spent on that vacation on another vacation his family will be taking in November.  The reason for this is because we will see the whole family in November, but would only see a couple family members in September.

I'm worried about asking for so much time off.  I don't want to be unfair to my co-workers.  I don't want them to have to cover for me all the time.  But, there is only so much time the MedStud and I have together, and I want to take advantage of that.  His whole family thinks that we can just pick up and come see them whenever (i.e. taking a whole entire week off for Christmas and flying across the country to see everyone), and it's getting frustrating reminding them that he is in medical school with a very tight schedule and I'm a full time nurse with a very tight schedule.  Two tight schedules don't give you much wiggle room, you know?  I guess no one can understand unless they've been through it before.

No comments:

Post a Comment